Makes 18 buns
- 3 cups / 336g cake flour
- 210g fresh milk
- 40g sugar
- 1 tsp yeast
- 9g butter
- 1.5 tablespoon vegetable oil (for brushing the bun)
- Mix all ingredients (except vegetable oil) together and knead the dough until smooth.
Let the dough rest until double in size.
- Divide the dough into 18 similar sizes portions.
Roll each portion of dough into round shape and brush some vegetable oil on top.
Fold the dough into half.
Let the dough rest for around 15 minutes.
- Boil water in steamer. Steam the bun over high heat for 8 minutes.
- Leftover buns can be stored in the freezer. To reheat, steam over high heat for 10 minutes.