I was hooked up to these chewy little bread when I first tried it at Sun Moulin. Recently, I saw some premix powder selling at Korean food shop at around $10. I was very tempted but I ended up didn't buy it. However, it sparked up my interest to try making it from scratch in my own kitchen.
- 180g glutinous rice flour
- 20g tapioca starch
- 8g milk powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 60g vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 120g water
- 10g black sesame seed
- 1.5 tbsp cheese powder
- 1 tbsp green tea powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- Put (A) in a bowl, mix together until dough formed.
- Divide the dough into 3.
- Add sesame seed into 1/3 of the dough, cheese powder into another 1/3 of the dough, and green tea powder with 1 tsp sugar to the remaining 1/3 of the dough.
Roll the dough round (or pipe the dough through a piping bag with round piping tip if the dough is too sticky) and arrange them on baking sheet. Don't worry too much about the shape, it will fluff up during baking.
- Spray some water on the dough before bake if you like a more crunchy crust.
- Bake in 180C preheated oven for 20 minutes.