- 400g chicken thigh meat, cut into around 7cm x 3cm strip
- corn starch, for dusting
- 60 pieces of seasoned roasted nori seaweed (around 7cm x 4cm)
- 2cm ginger, grated and take the juice
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp mirin
- a dash of pepper
- 3 tbsp corn starch
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- Marinate chicken overnight with ingredients (A)
Remove chicken from fridge, roll the chicken in corn starch, and wrap a chicken strip in a seaweed strip. Dab the end of seaweed with a bit of water to seal up. Repeat for the rest of the chicken.
Make sure the exposed part of the chicken is fully coated with corn starch.
- Heat wok with 2cm depth of frying oil, fry until golden brown.