Nutella Swiss Roll 瑞士卷

Nutella Swiss Roll 瑞士卷

I am not a big fan of swiss roll but I really love to buy coffee roll from Bengawan Solo. It is moist, soft, fluffy and almost melt in the mouth the moment you pop it in. I have been in search of a recipe which produce swiss roll of that kind, but, no luck with it. I attended class, but we were taught genoise method which I am not so fond of the texture yield. I tried many other recipes, different methods, but still nothing close to that. How to create those soft, melt in the mouth crumbs? I read that some additives like SP, ovalette could help, but I have not, and don't think I will try. The whole thing about making it at home, is because you want it additives free, isn't it? 

After making more than 10 swiss rolls in 2 weeks. I decided to take a break from swiss roll. This recipe is, by far the most satisfactory one that I have got. This is still nothing close to the Bengawan Solo swiss roll, but it is worth a try.



Nutella Swiss Roll

Ingredients

A
  • 3 egg yolk
  • 34g vegetable oil
  • 34g water
  • 60g cake flour
B
  • 3 egg white
  • 60g sugar
Cooking Directions
  1. Beat egg yolks until the color turn pale.
  2. Sift in cake flour, add in oil and water. Mix well.
  3. Whisk egg white until frothy, add in 1/3 sugar. Continue to whisk.
  4. When the bubbles turn small, add in another 1/3 of the sugar. Continue to whisk.
  5. When you can see ribbon trail when whisking, add in the last 1/3 of the sugar.
  6. Continue to whisk until stiff peak.
  7. Put 1/3 of the meringue into the egg yolk mixture. Fold well.
  8. Pour the egg yolk mixture into the remaining 2/3 of meringue. Fold gently until well combined.
  9. Pour the batter into tray. Using hand, pat the bottom of the tray to get rid of big air pockets.
  10. Baked at preheated oven at 190C for 15 minutes.
  11. Cool the cake slightly. While it is still warm, spread nutella and roll the cake up.
Subscribe now to receive the recipes in your inbox so that you won't miss out any recipe!

Follow Me on Facebook and Pinterest

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...