- 4 pork loin (cut to 1cm thickness, around 100g each)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1.5 cup breadcrumbs
- 5 tbsp flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten with 1 tsp oil
Make a few slits on the meat to cut off the connective tissues (so that the meat won't curl up when cooked). Be careful not to cut through the meat.
- Tenderise the meat by using meat pounder / back of the knife or any other tool.
- Season the meat with salt and pepper
In a frying pan, heat 2 tbsp of oil and pan fry breadcrumbs until golden brown.
- Dredge the meat in flour (dust off excess flour), then dip the meat into egg mixture and lastly coat the meat with breadcrumbs.
- Let the meat rest for an hour in the fridge.
- Baked in a preheated oven at 200C for 20-25 minutes, until the meat turn golden brown.
- Serve with shredded raw cabbage salad and tonkatsu sauce.
- 5 tbsp ketchup
- 5 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Combine all ingredients and heat up gently.