There are a few types of brownies - chewy, fudgy, cakey, and some with added nuts for the extra crunch. We all have our favorite type of brownie, don't we? Brownie can be served warm with ice-cream, or serve cold to bring out the extra fudgy texture. I love crunch, but not the texture of nuts in my brownie. Solution? Extra chocolate chips!
- 6 oz unsweetened baking chocolate
- 226g butter
- 4 eggs
- 300g sugar
- 1.5 tsp vanilla essence
- 75g all purpose flour
- 165g semi-sweet chocolate chips, plus more to sprinkle on top
- Over gentle heat, melt baking chocolate and butter.
- In another bowl, beat eggs for 5 minutes, add in sugar and mix well.
- Add vanilla essence and melted chocolate with butter into egg.
- Sift in flour, mix until just combined.
- Add in semisweet chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into cake pan, sprinkle some chocolate chips on top.
- Bake in preheated oven at 150C for 45 minutes.