Make 9 inch square cake
Sabayon/ Mascarpone mixture
- 5 egg yolks
- 150g sugar
- 250g mascarpone
- 200ml whipping cream
- 1 cup espresso
- 1/2 cup coffee liquor
- 2 pack of 7 oz sponge fingers
- cocoa powder, for dusting
- In a pan combine egg yolks and sugar, stir and cook over low heat until 71C (if you are concern about Salmonella) or until the sugar dissolved, about 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
Remove egg yolks from heat, whip until thick and light in color.
Add Mascarpone to whipped yolks, beat over low speed until combined.
In another bowl, whip whipping cream until stiff.
Fold whipped cream into mascarpone mixture and set aside.
- In another bowl, mix the cold espresso with the coffee liquor.
- Dip sponge fingers into the coffee mixture and arrange them on a container.
- Dust with some cocoa powder.
Spoon half of the mascarpone cream over the sponge fingers. Spread the cream evenly.
- Repeat process 7-9.
Dust with some cocoa powder.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight before serving.