Given the extensive list of nutritional benefits, pumpkin should be made a regular part of our diet. However, does it bother you that everytime after a pumpkin is cut, there comes the recipe hunting activity - gather as many recipes as possible so that you could finish it off before those fuzzy mold find their way into it? Well here is just another addition to your recipe list.
If you had not tried a hee pan before, let me describe to you the texture of this treat. It is a little bread-like, but soft and chewy with the addition of glutinous rice flour. It stays chewy and soft after cool, perfect for a afternoon snack or even as a picnic dish! A store-bought one is usually tinted with food coloring. I bet this naturally-tinted-with-beta-carotene hee pan will surely be much more appetizing and nutritious, agree?
Pumpkin Hee Pan
- 100g plain flour
- 100g glutinous rice flour
- 60g sugar
- 60g water
- 2.5g yeast
- 100g pumpkin, steamed and mashed
- 12g Oil
- Mix all the ingredients together and knead until smooth.
- Divide the dough into 8, shaped round and lightly flatten with palm.
- Leave the dough to proof for one hour or almost double in size.
- Steam over medium heat for 12 minutes.